English Corner

Small Talk, Spaß, Fragen, hier könnt ihr plaudern, quasseln und tratschen über was ihr wollt

English Corner

Beitragvon Callida » 15.06.2011, 20:56

Hey,

ich hatte die Idee dass man ein Thema beginnen könnte, in dem Englisch gesprochen (geschrieben) wird. Dabei können die, die nicht so gut darin sind etwas von denen lernen, die gut darin sind. Wir reden einfach über ganz normale Themen, und wenn wir ein Wort nicht wissen schreiben wir es in Klammern auf deutsch hin.
Hoffe dass viele mitmachen!

Callida
Schreiben kann therapeutisch wirken.
Lesen kann dazu führen, dass man eine Therapie braucht.
Callida

Blog: Blog ansehen (6)

Re: English Corner

Beitragvon Nagori Sora » 17.06.2011, 23:33

Hey Callida,

I think your idea is very good. A lot of people have to improve their knowledges in this language (me too ^^) and also want it. This method of exercise is truly effective and funny.
That's why I waiting for a good idea of a nice topic here so that the English Speaking can begin. :D

Sincerely,
Nagori :wink:
http://holy-moly-me-ohh-my.tumblr.com/ -> daily inspiration

"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.” Mik Everett
Nagori Sora

Blog: Blog ansehen (10)

Beitragvon Livina » 18.06.2011, 07:23

Hello you two :oops: .

I don't knew, why I'm here. :candle:
Ich muss die Veränderung sein, die ich in der Welt sehen will.

Monatliche Word-Wars für deine Schreibmotivation - hier
Livina

Beitragvon Zähnchen » 18.06.2011, 08:18

Maybe you're here because there are extraordinary and kind people in here? Just an idea ;)
A topic to talk about, hm, let's see...
Were you ever in the United States or in the UK?
Personally, I was in the UK once, for a work experience lasting a fortnight. I was in a library and it was really funny - for example one day someone asked me how to spell the word 'weird' - but I didn't understand what he wanted :oops:
People change. Things go wrong. Shit happens. Life goes on.
Keksschlagsgefahr :)
Zähnchen

Blog: Blog ansehen (2)

Beitragvon Diavolo » 18.06.2011, 09:03

Hallo all of you

I am here in SW because I have to speak, read and write English the whole day. And I didn't want to share this Corner.

Zähnchen hat geschrieben:Were you ever in the United States or in the UK?

May I correct you: Have you ever been in the United States or in UK?

Good luck with this experience.

Diavolo
Wie viele Leute schreiben und schreiben und auf dem Papier steht immer nichts!
(Johann Friedrich Freiherr Cotta von Cottendorf)
Diavolo

Beitragvon lucarius » 18.06.2011, 09:29

I used to live in Ireland for three years and now live in Scotland for more than 1 and a half years. My first experience with a Scots though was back in my apprenticeship years when I was in York, UK for 3 month. I worked in a second hand book shop there. One day a Scotsman came in and asked be something (my English was pretty good to that time already), but he must have spoken a different language as I couldn't understand a word :? . I asked him to repeat his question and he did (three times). After that I kindly asked this lad (= scots for guy) to asked one of my native speaking colleagues as I just could understand what he wanted. I actually never found out what he wanted :oops: .
Mein Bruder verkauft einen Gedichtesammelband "Die besten Gedichte 2009/2010", wo auch eins seiner Gedichte mit drin ist. Den Band gibt es zwar auch woanders zu kaufen, aber mein Bruder hat selbst auch einige Exemplare zum Verkaufen erhalten
lucarius

Beitragvon bastille » 18.06.2011, 12:01

Few years ago I worked as a waiter and one day a young tourist wanted to order a coke. He was whispering all the time and I didn't realize he was speaking English..... :doh:
Our conversation:
"Coke"
"Kakao?"
"Cooooke"
"Wie bitte?"
"Coke!"
"Ja, Kakao"
Another waiter helped me and took the order... I was really embarrassed.
Is it that hard to learn at least some German words?? He was there with his class and his teacher... they must have been on a language study travel [ "Sprachreise"??] :roll:

@lucarius
Ireland and Scotland?
Woooow.....
“That’s the trouble with loving a wild thing: You’re always left watching the door.” Edith Pattou, East
bastille

Blog: Blog ansehen (1)

Beitragvon lucarius » 18.06.2011, 12:27

@ bastille

I think "language study travel" is OK (or "language holiday")

I had a similar situation back when I was in 5th class at school. We just started learning English and I was very bad with explaining the way and giving directions. One day a guy asked me in English for the next telephone box. I think I kind of understand what he wanted, but on the other hand I didn't really know what to say. I had a complete black out, I didn't even remember that I had just passed a telephone box. I just shrug my shoulders and shook my head. When he was gone, I suddenly remembered everything :oops:
Mein Bruder verkauft einen Gedichtesammelband "Die besten Gedichte 2009/2010", wo auch eins seiner Gedichte mit drin ist. Den Band gibt es zwar auch woanders zu kaufen, aber mein Bruder hat selbst auch einige Exemplare zum Verkaufen erhalten
lucarius

Beitragvon bastille » 18.06.2011, 15:09

@lucarius

Well, that situation seems familiar xDD

Explaining the way was always one of my weaknesses...
And in Vienna there are quite a lot of tourists.... so I am forced to do it every now and then.
I get nervous every time, mainly because I hardly remember the way to many sights (I have a bad sense of direction (orientation) [Orientierungssinn]) and so my English gets very bad....
But I TRY to help.. that's all that matters... to me xD
“That’s the trouble with loving a wild thing: You’re always left watching the door.” Edith Pattou, East
bastille

Blog: Blog ansehen (1)

Beitragvon lucarius » 18.06.2011, 16:16

:lol: :lol: I've a bad sense of orientation too and it gets even worse when a car driver asks for the way (me as a none driver who only knows how to get there on foot) :?
When I was still going to job interviews in Germany my dad always explained me how to get to that company. I looked at him asking myself: Can't he just give me a map, I've no idea what he's talking about? :lol: I could even get lost in a small town (believe me, I can manage that)... :mrgreen:
lucarius

Beitragvon Miss Wolf » 18.06.2011, 17:56

Me too :roll:
Once I was at my grandma's in Nordhorn (Niedersachsen) and I had to take a small parcel to the post office. I had to ask three people to explain me how to get there.
When I wanted to walk back I just couldn't remember the direction I had come from... :oops:
Gehirn zur Zeit defekt. Anschreiben auf eigene Gefahr.

Die Schreibwerkstatt kommt wieder! Sag mir Bescheid!
Miss Wolf

Beitragvon amityforever_ » 18.06.2011, 18:14

Oh, that's absolutely my profession. Asking people for something and three minutes later - all forgotten :D
Then, I ask again, or I just say yes, if the answer's not so important and I don't need it to survive :oops: :mrgreen:
But in here, the people are so nice to explain things again and again and the best? I can read their posts so many times :D
From the OX to the FORD von Januar bis August(!) '13♥
Bis zum Dienstag nichts zu tun? Neue Aufgaben warten jede Woche hier: Dienstagsübung
amityforever_

Blog: Blog ansehen (10)

Beitragvon Miss Wolf » 18.06.2011, 18:20

And you can't get lost^^
Gehirn zur Zeit defekt. Anschreiben auf eigene Gefahr.

Die Schreibwerkstatt kommt wieder! Sag mir Bescheid!
Miss Wolf

Beitragvon lucarius » 18.06.2011, 18:31

True you can't get lost in here. I just wonder why it happens again and again that at least one of my characters has such a bad sense of orientation :? :lol:
Oh nice, it's raining outside. (hadn't that for a while - about two or three days no rain is a very long time...) :lol:
lucarius

Beitragvon Füchschen » 18.06.2011, 18:33

On thursday I needed one and a half hour to get to the station, which is only about a 100 meters away :mrgreen:

Do you know the problem of not knowing where is left and right? My driving teacher always laughs at me, when I take the wrong direktion :roll:
Ein Roman ist kein Toastbrot.
Füchschen

Nächste

Zurück zu Schreibwerkstatt-Café